Troll and Toad Job Listings
Part Time Shipping Order Processor
|Date: Jun 18th, 2012|
Description: Shipping Order Processors are ultimately responsible for ensuring that customer orders are securely packaged and properly shipped to the correct destination. Our shipping department utilizes an advanced shipping interface to quickly and accurately weigh, meter, and label packaged orders. This is a fast-paced position targeted at individuals who possess a high level of energy and enjoy tackling tasks as part of a team.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
Shipping Order Processors will receive completed and verified orders from our warehouse. They will then select proper packaging (boxes/mailers) based upon the nature of the order (dimensions, weight, etc), and the shipping method chosen. Items should then be placed inside the package and secured with various packing materials, taking care to avoid any damage during packing and prevent potential damages during transit. After packing, our shipping system will weigh, meter, and generate an appropriate shipping label with only a barcode scan and two clicks of a mouse!
Education and Experience Requirements
• High School Diploma or equivalent required
Required Talents and Skills
• The willingness to follow direction and complete assigned tasks quickly and efficiently
• A strong attentiveness to detail and the ability to learn new procedures
• Knowledgeable in taking measurements and applying spatial reasoning to select proper packaging for customer orders.
• Motivation to acquire additional training and certification
• Proficiency in navigating websites and performing basic computer tasks
• Enthusiasm and the ability to work within a team structure in a fast-paced work environment.
• The ability to maintain a clean work area while observing safety policies and procedures.
• Able to perform moderate physical duties, including walking, reaching, stooping, squatting, and lifting up to 50lbs
• Must be able to remain on your feet and active for approximately 8hrs daily
• Normal work hours will be on a 1st shift schedule
• Must have reliable transportation to our Corbin, KY location
• Must be available to work weekends, if required